Royal Crescent Publishing Ltd (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Royal Crescent Publishing Ltd of Regency House, 33 Wood Street, Barnet, Hertfordshire, England, EN5 4BE.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We will collect and process the following data about you:
* Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site p2pfinancenews.co.uk (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, plus your industry role, location and company.
* Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect some technical information, including browser type and version, time zone, operating system, geographic location, session duration (time on each web page), what pages viewed
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies. You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them below:
Google Analytics: estimating our audience size and usage pattern https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
* Information you give to us. We will use this information:
* to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
* to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
* to notify you about changes to our service or our site;
* to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
* Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
* to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
* to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
* to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
* as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
* to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
* to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
* Any member of our group of companies, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
* Selected third parties including the provider of our email service provider who we use to send out our newsletters.
* We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we will provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
* In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
* If Royal Crescent Publishing Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request will be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.